Artists Focus Group: Get a Free Museum-Quality Capture & Reproduction
Calling all artists! Artexpo is expanding its role in the art market so we can better serve artists in marketing themselves and their work. In the coming months, we’ll be offering affordable, curatorial-grade capturing and printing services for artists. As we move forward in research and development, I’d like to start an informal Artists Focus Group on this blog to get your feedback on the role of capturing and printing in marketing fine art.
The purpose of this discussion is to identify how artists like you are currently dealing with capturing and printing, to measure your level of experience in this area, to identify what issues you face, and to discuss ways to solve those issues. In return for your time, I’d like to offer you one free capture and giclee fine art reproduction, once our capturing/printing package becomes available in early December. It’s a great offer, when you consider that current museum-quality photo-capturing rates can be anywhere from $150 to $300 per image, and often do not include the color-ready, or print-ready processes.
To participate in our Artists Focus Group, simply answer any 3 (or more!) of these questions via the comments section below:
- Have you ever worked with a print publisher, agent, or manager?
- What galleries have you associated with as an artist?
- Do you attend art fairs?
- Describe your relationship with capturing/printing
- Do you understand the term “Curatorial-Grade Photo-Capturing”?
- How do you currently capture and print your work?
- Do you market the reproduction and if so how?
- What is your annual profit for the sale of reproductions?
- How would you describe your target market?
Thanks much for your time!