That’s a wrap! Artexpo New York has taken the fine-art scene by storm yet again, and we’ve got the sales, stories, and gorgeous collection of photos and videos to prove it. We’d like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who played a part, from our extraordinary exhibitors and generous sponsors to our ever-eager attendees. Read on to find out more about 2016’s show—we’re proud to say it was another phenomenal one!
Moments to Remember
Throughout the four-day weekend, attendees enjoyed a number of exciting events, from the VIP Opening Night Preview Party featuring the unveiling of this year’s Poster Challenge winner to inspiring Art Talks, Meet the Artist sessions, and more. Famed dance photographer Jordan Matter wowed us all with his live photo shoots, and painters from around the world gave us a peek at their creative process during live art demonstrations. On Friday, author and industry leader Pamela N. Danziger gave the Keynote Presentation to a rapt audience of exhibitors and trade attendees.
2016 Artexpo Award Winners
Over a dozen artists and galleries were given special recognition during Artexpo this year for their work that went above and beyond. Here’s a full list of 2016 award recipients:
- SOLO Awards: Gordon Harrison; Peter Gish; Eddie Shen
- FOTO SOLO Awards: Michael Ezra; George Saitas; Jan Gordon
- Best International Exhibitor: Ms. Zheng Hui Rong, American Hairong; Oskar Rabenda; Tessa Aalbregt
- Best Sculpture: Gallery Giuseppe; Rodo Padilla Sculpture
- Best Booth Design: Mattson’s Fine Art
- Directors’ Award: Anna Art Publishing
- Best New Exhibitor: Harvest Mountain
- 20th Anniversary Award: Samir Sammoun, Sammoun Fine Art
- 25th Anniversary Award: Rami Rotkopf, Smart Publishing
- 30th Anniversary Award: Victor Forbes, Fine Art Magazine
Top Sales & Success Stories
Here’s a sampling of some of our exhibitors’ top sales and feedback for the event. See more testimonials here!
- “Artexpo was an incredible event for us this year. Redwood Media is definitely the premier show producer in the country; we love working with them and their amazing team!” -Jeffrey Bisaillon, Jbis Contemporary Gallery
- Samir Sammoun, our 20-year AENY artist, sold 15 originals on the first day and 3 additional pieces throughout the show, ranging in price from $10,000 to $50,000 each.
- Rising Artist Martijn of STALE Amsterdam sold both of his paintings, for a total of $10,000. We look forward to hosting him at Spectrum Miami!
- Art Design Consultants (ADC) sold 30 originals the first day of the show, many of which were by artist Ken Raussch.
- “We had a successful weekend at the Artexpo show last weekend, selling two large sculptures for $90,000 each and making many helpful connections with collectors and galleries during the event. Thanks for everything!” -Marko Stout, Marko Stout Gallery
- Vienna, Austria’s the Gallery Steiner sold seven paintings, four of which were from an artist who was a student of Gerhard Richter. They were thrilled with the show!
- “Mihir and I would like to thank the whole RMG team for putting up such a great show … My artworks received high appreciation and over half the paintings displayed were purchased … We’re looking forward to Spectrum Miami!” -Rajvi Dedhia Unadkat, Rajvi Dedhia Unadkat Fine Art Gallery
- [SOLO] Exhibitor Jenn Williamson sold four large originals
- James Paterson sold a $450 silkscreen print plus 10 of his Prayer Machines at $2,000–5,000 each, and he also garnered two commissions at $4,000+ each!
- Art Brand Studios boasted several great sales, including three wrapped canvases and two Simon Bull originals at $11,000 and $2,500.
Artexpo New York garnered tons of attention in media outlets in New York and beyond, with coverage including a shout-out in PAPER magazine, which dubbed our show as a “must-see,” a segment on CBS New York, and many others. We also reached tens of thousands of fans via social media, offering followers around the world up-to-the-minute event tidbits and photos on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks to everyone liking and following us on our social media channels—we love keeping you engaged!
Exhibit in 2017
Inspired by this year’s event to give exhibiting a shot yourself, or want to return to Artexpo after having a successful show this year? Apply for 2017 here, or contact our helpful sales team—they’ll be happy to help you.