Exhibitor’s Show Planner: 6 Weeks Before The Show
You are only six weeks away from your exhibition at the world’s largest fine art trade show! Be sure these important details are on your Artexpo New York to-do list:
February 2019 — Complete Booth Display Course
- Complete the Booth Display Requirements Course no later than March 30.
- The six easy-to-use modules cover everything from hanging art guidelines to planning your booth and will help prepare you for our show standards.
- The modules will ensure all exhibitors meet our high standard of presentation for the show.
- Please be aware that exhibitors that have not completed the course will not be allowed to set up their booth.
February 2019 — Book Now, Rest Easy
- Book your travel and hotel accommodations.
February 25, 2019 — Write a Gallery Overview or Artist Statement
- A gallery overview or artist statement offers prospective clients a view into the gallery, the artist(s) and the artwork. But don’t get overly personal. Explain the work in an intelligent manner.
- Educate, but don’t preach. How would someone else explain the work? What are the series based on? What are its elements?
- Mention important influences, artists, and writers to establish a context for the work. Discuss process and techniques, especially if it is particularly unusual or important to understanding the work.
- Be confident but not cocky.
- The statement should be one page, maximum!
February 28, 2019 — Create a Press Kit
- To market your exhibition and the artwork, it’s important to have a professional press kit that includes:
- Interesting and timely information
- A one-page historical overview and/or biography
- Gallery overview or artist statement
- Complete collection images and information, including title, artist, price, and size for each image shown
- Contact information
- Once it’s completed, post your press kit on your website along with your latest news (blogs and social media are a great way to keep collectors and clients up to date and informed).
March 1, 2019 — Submit Your Show Catalog Images
- March 1 is the deadline to submit your images for the Artexpo New York Digital Show Catalog.
- Some images may appear in marketing materials, the Artexpo New York website, print ads, social media, or our show guide, with full credit given.
- The sooner you submit your images, the better your chance to gain exposure.
March 4, 2019 — Create a Show Invitation
- Plan a multifaceted approach with direct mail, social media, and email announcements about your show participation and invitations.
- Creating a show invitation is an extremely important part of your exhibition! Be as creative as possible; make the piece stand out from everyday mail/email.
- Select a piece of work to present on the invitation—one that best represents the work to be exhibited or overall body of work and/or what’s new that will be shown in your booth.
- Generate brand awareness with your name and logo so your target audience will recognize you at the show.
- For your most important clients and collectors, be sure to add a link for complimentary tickets.
- If it is being mailed, make sure the invitation is of good color and quality card stock. Boldness and higher contrast often work best.
- Plan to get invitations in the mail—or email—about three weeks before the show.
- And be sure to post it on your social media too!
As always, don’t be afraid to ask questions. RMG has all sorts of information that exhibitors old and new benefit from knowing. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org