Exhibitor’s Show Planner: 4 Weeks Before The Show
Time is getting close—and there’s no need for pre-show jitters. You’ve got it under control with careful planning and making sure you’ve got all your bases covered. Double-check the previous two blog posts to be sure you’ve completed the important preliminary tasks, then move on to this week’s list.
Stay on track. You’re just a few weeks away from Artexpo New York! And here’s your all-important list for the next two weeks:
March 2019 — Complete Booth Display Course
- Don’t delay! Complete the Booth Display Requirements Course no later than March 30.
- The six easy-to-use modules cover everything from hanging art guidelines to planning your booth and will help prepare you for our show standards.
- The modules will ensure all exhibitors meet our high standard of presentation for the show.
- Please be aware that exhibitors that have not completed the Course will not be allowed to set up their booth.
March 4, 2019 — Confirm Hotel Reservations
- Yotel, Artexpo New York’s headquarter hotel, has a special price just for our exhibitors
- Book by March 15 to get the special rate of $159 per night and save $30 each night!
March 8, 2019 – Finalize Your Booth and Exhibition
- Review everything one more time. Go back and look at your Booth Design Form.
- Where will each piece of art be hung? Plan it out strategically.
- Did you order the extra Booth Services you need? Lights? Electrical outlet? What else? (Page 9 of Exhibitor Manual)
March 9, 2019 – Pricing the Artwork
- Do you know your audience? Do you understand trade buyers? Do you understand art lingo? (50/10, 50/20) You may want to go back to the Booth Display Course, watch Making Your Art Stand Out Video again and take a few more notes.
- Price your work properly.
- Prepare your price tags with TAPS (title, artist, price, size.)
- Square up! Be prepared for credit cards.
March 10, 2019 – Be Ready!
- Prepare your Hanging Kit.
- Don’t forget a hammer, hooks, tape and toolkit. Bring a small ladder if possible.
- Be sure to bring brochure and business card holders—they make a professional presentation of your materials
- Remember red dots and packing material for when you sell the artwork—and a pen for autographs!
March 11, 2019 – It’s Go Time!
- Send Out Invitations to the Show. Send key collectors and clients complimentary tickets. And don’t forget those designers and other trade professionals on your list. You’ll want to be sure send them complimentary trade tickets.
- Research the show location. Know where the closest business office, shipping center and other important locations are. It may save you time down the road.
- Get a guest book for your booth. Follow-up sales can make your exhibition a success!
- Get your wardrobe together. First impressions make an impact!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. RMG has all sorts of information that new exhibitors benefit from knowing. Contact us at email@example.com